On the printer:
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600
- On the printer control panel, touch (right arrow), and then touch (Setup).
- Select (Preferences), and then select (Cartridge Chip Information).
- Touch (OK) to turn off usage information collection.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8100
- On the printer control panel, press and hold the (Wireless) and (Resume) buttons.
- The ink supply icons will blink four times.
- Press and hold the (Wireless) and (Resume) buttons again to turn usage information collection back on.
Next on the computer: (See image below.)
The HP Officejet 8100 and 8600 has a “cartridge protection” feature. In the toolbox there is a tab named “HP Cartridge Protection”, where you can choose if you want to enable or disable this function. The default setting here is “enable” which results in the cartridges only working in this particular printer. If you install the cartridges treated with this “protection” feature in another printer, they will not work and a message pops up.